Intellectual Nourishment

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Let’s Go Green Gunlock!

By Cari Heizer
“Buying Local” is trendy right now for good reasons. It is good for the environment, saves us money (on food and gas), and benefits our friends and neighbors. Because of this, I am proposing we hold a Farmer’s Market in Gunlock this summer.
Here are some of my thoughts:
* Local farmers and crafters can reserve a table at the park or town hall for a small donation to benefit Gunlock services (Fire Dept., Town Hall Assn., etc.)
* We hold it on the same day each month (The 3rd Saturday of the month)
* We make it a fun community event (picnic lunches, music, etc.)
Please let me know your thoughts! If you are interested in participating in a Farmer’s Market in Gunlock this summer or if you think this is a lousy idea, please let me know. You can email me at gunlockmarket@yahoo.com or give me a call 574.061o. Summer is quickly approaching, so speedy feedback is appreciated.

No comments: